Bench grinder dresser

I bought one from Grainger about 3 years ago. It works great. I recently decided to get the replacement star wheels for it, not because I needed them, the originals are still fine, but the Grainger store is like 40 miles away, and I was going to be in the area for a Dr. appt., so I figured, while there, I would get them as spares (I do this all the time, who knows when I'll need them). BUT guess what, the replacement wheels are more money than the whole dresser !! The Dresser is only around 10 to 15 bucs, so I got another one. Now that I said how cheap it is, I should repeat myself---It works very good, and shows no signs of wear. I had a Harbor Freight one, and it only lasted a few months before it wore out. Good luck, JR49

Beware of the cheapo dressers. A couple of months ago I had misplaced my Desmond hand dresser and couldn't find it, so I picked up one of those fine Asian ones at Harbor Freight to get me through in a pinch. It didn't last one second of use. It "exploded" the second I touched it to the wheel. The little shaft broke that the star wheels ride on, and it sent the stars flying around my shop like bullets. Lucky that I didn't catch one in the face.

Back