Benchmaster mills - upgrades

Kev2390

Registered
Registered
Im a recent benchmaster custodian

i have a vertical and a partial horizontal

has anyone built speed reducers for either and willing to share details?

anyone built a height extension for the vertical to allow for tool holders/rotary tables?

anyone built taller arms for the arbors for the horizontal?

im currently working on a dro for the vertical and will end up doing the horizontal if it works out.

would rather not reinvent the wheel if any of these have been done. Would consider runs…. If people interested in what may end up being made

lets share. These are my two siblings

kevin

Attachments

• IMG_3217.jpeg
    IMG_3217.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4539.jpeg
    IMG_4539.jpeg
    516.5 KB · Views: 22
Like everyone…. Im missing stuff to make things complete. Lets collaborate to help us all get the accessories produced and made better where needed.
kevin

Well now, those are nice looking little mills.:) That's exactly the size of mill that I could fit in my limited space. Good, old benchtop mills are hard to find in the UK though.

I expect you've already seen it but just in case, here's a link to the lathes.co.uk page for the vertical and horizontal mills: http://www.lathes.co.uk/duro/index.html

Tony, the chap who runs the site, does have manuals for sale for a lot of the machines in his archive (a bit expensive but lathes.co.uk is about the most comprehensive archive of information about older and vintage machine tools so he gets a pass from me about that) so he may have one for the Benchmaster machines.

Nice mills. I hope you get those machines running.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Back