Besides tools and equipment , what do we all collect ?

@ Just for Fun. I think it's 1 of Murphy's rules. It goes something like, "No matter what it is or how long you've had it: it isn't needed until after you get rid of it."

So, yes, I have a lot of useless junk. So long as I have it: it isn't needed LOL.

I have an eclectic collection of collections...

.22 rifles... jigsaw puzzles... hats... books... tools...

My biggest collection is my collection of high-quality junk... I have lots of junk... I love my junk...

Ask my wife, she will tell you all about my junk...

-Bear
But. It’s “good” junk!!!

Chuck

Which brings me to the question . I have my old very high end Carver audio system from the mid eighties . The amp , pre amp and tuner all are working fine after 30 years of no-use . The CD player , which has a special function ( no longer available on newer units ) is not working , it hasn't for years . I spent 3 hours this morning investigating a company/person or anyone who was certified to repair this vintage piece. I believe I found a website and joined it this morning and will be asking for help on the matter . The system is not complete without the cd player and I'm not a fan of this new technology stuff . Figuring 1000s of cds and vinyls , I feel it's worth the $$$$$$ to get the right person to repair it . I may be out of my mind , but , we all have crazy hobbies .
I recently needed to have a Phase Linear 400 amp repaired and found this in my search for someone to work on it:
I didn’t use their recommendation, I found someone great locally, but this may work for you.
Good luck, it’s getting harder to find qualified technicians to work on this stuff.

recently needed to have a Phase Linear 400 amp repaired and found this in my search for someone to work on it:
I didn’t use their recommendation, I found someone great locally, but this may work for you.
Good luck, it’s getting harder to find qualified technicians to work on this stuff.
Yes yes yes ! I did find and joined the Carversite and got the info needed . Real nice group of guys over there as well as here . Many were / are interested in our website as well , so we may have some hard core audiophile hobby machinists very soon . Thanks for looking out for me , not many Carver fans around any more . :encourage:

Is it just insatiable curiosity or.....lately I'm fascinated with 60's,70's heavy metal sewing machines. Such cool little 'engines'.

Back