Best Dial Test Indictor for the Money

I am posting this thread here because the folks here seem to more represent my philosophy and what I am interested in than other segments. If I am posting here improperly, please accept my apologies. I am an attorney and therefore impaired.

I am in the process of building a shop and equipping it with a lathe and milling machine. Obviously, I am going to need several dial indicators in both 0.0005 and 0.0001 configurations. I already have several 0.001 indicators. The prices for dial test indicators are all over the map. I am of the opinion that you never go wrong by buying quality, but price and name brand do not always indicate quality. My question is this:

What is the best dial test indicator for the money?

Thanks for your response(s) and I realize that this is a "newbie" question.
I use a 1" stoke for setting up 4 jaw chuck to ±0.001" you can read to 0.000,2"
If need closer then I use Brown and Sharp it marks are at 0.000,5" but it is easy to get work to 0.000,1" But most work does need that close. I do have Starrett that mark to 0.000,1" for very close work you can read to 0.000,02" I do why you need this in everyday work. Got it for the cross slide turning ball bearings.

Hope it helps
Dave

One of the few advantages of living in a country like the UK, where its engineering heritage has been forgotten, is that lazy house clearance outfits often flog older Compac/TESA clocks on eBay for the same prices you see for old Moore and Wright or Verdict clocks.

I snagged a couple of Compac clocks from different sellers for about £30 each and they are in really good condition.

I use a 1" stoke for setting up 4 jaw chuck to ±0.001" you can read to 0.000,2"
If need closer then I use Brown and Sharp it marks are at 0.000,5" but it is easy to get work to 0.000,1" But most work does need that close. I do have Starrett that mark to 0.000,1" for very close work you can read to 0.000,02" I do why you need this in everyday work. Got it for the cross slide turning ball bearings.

Hope it helps
Dave
I have a tool post indicator from Edge Technologies that I use for this at .25" travel 0.0005" increments.

Back