Beware Of Chinese Jacobs

Good day gents. I am new here. I disassembled a 1/2 inch Jacobs today, cleaned it thoroughly and then re-assembled it. It is still rough. I have been checking the forum regularly and decided to join today to get some help. I really did a thorough job, wire brushing every part of it. Perhaps I should buy the jaw bits and screw ring and just replace the old ones even though they still looks good?
I noticed that the one bit goes in with some difficulty. Think that perhaps it may be slightly bent. Anybody that can give some advice, I will be very greatfull.

A Chinies Jacobs ? :eek 2: Ok I can't spell Chineis . I know , late to the game , but , what next , who next ? :frown:

I've disassembled and cleaned up a half dozen Jacobs chucks. A good cleaning followed by careful deburring with good quality stones and a small set of jeweler files improved most of them significantly. Only had two that had jaws too worn to save. I had to disassemble them several times and debur a little each time to get them to where they felt smooth. Better to go slow than get over zealous on the polishing.

Back