beware of ebay global shipping

T

TOOLMASTER

Forum Guest
Register Today
Ebay is adding global shipping automatically to sellers auctions unless they opt out.

i just had a first sale go through without my knowledge...

the guy paid through paypal as usual and it was to a usa adress...so i didn't notice it

then for tracking it said global shipping, since i shipped it to usa i was like what is this crap.

now i find out it shipped to the shipping center address and the customer was charged 47 buck in shipping(i charged and received only3 bucks)
for a 6 oz box...i could have shipped it for waaaaaaaay less.

opt out sellers!!!!

That's why I don't bother selling on eBay. Actually, we cannot afford to -and that's no joke. Ebay sales pull about 5% right off the top and in my case, I might as well give the machines away.

Hope you didn't get a negative review because of something that's not your fault. You'll probably have to eat the 47 bucks for the customer to keep them happy.

Ray

sadly ebay has a monopoly and its only going to get worse until a competitor shows up. I sell on craigslist when I can but I use ebay for most my stuff, since the market is larger. I also buy on ebay but I always ask for an invoice from the seller. I think ebay charges me almost 10%... that's a kick in the jewels. Even with the 10% though I usually do better than craiglist just because of the large market.

jer

I stopped using "I been fleeced bay" awhile back. Too expensive to buy stuff at times and too much junk at top dollar. As for selling, I only sold maybe 4-8 times and the shipping stuff would make it even more difficult. After they did not protect my information from a scrapper, I dropped them like a hot potato.
Pierre

That happened to me. A $17 dollar end mill cutter had almost $30 just for shipping. The seller got $12 and ebay took $18. Now I watch who has Global shipping and tracking, and avoid them.

take advatage of old people so I thought ebay legit and or play by the rules; got cleaned out 8 grand on a car come to find out no title. I have
bill of sale documented on state stationary and noterized- this is in tax hole ahchussetts. these idiots still in the civil war days. are we working
for the same company guess not.... conn. paper work these dopts NO --car runs good with no plates...and im to broke to move out of this dump

That happened to me. A $17 dollar end mill cutter had almost $30 just for shipping. The seller got $12 and ebay took $18. Now I watch who has Global shipping and tracking, and avoid them.

did it tell you the shipping after you won/bought?

like i said, i never heard of it... never noticed it buying...but apparently it's been around for a while...it may have kicked in once my sales were back up...all i know is you'll want to get rid of it...unless you are selling high end stuff to risky countries..then it may be usefull..once you get it to the center you are off the hook if lost
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.html

Back