Big milling machine

Holy cow!
I used one back in 78 like that while working at a machine shop while still in HS.
What a beast!

Just think, that's only a No. 2 mill. Can you imagine what a No 5 or 6 twin screw mill is like to run? And how big it is.

Gotta watch them crank handles when rapiding. Especially the one in front. They can hit in a couple of bad places. Or at best go flying off towards the most delicate thing in the shop. Spent many an hour on one of those. If that one runs and isn't clapped out that's a decent price, provided you can handle it, and you have a good floor. It's pretty heavy.

That would be a real metal muncher. Had a chance to get one for free in Denver, but only a two day window, and had too much going on for a 500 miles round trip jaunt. Mike

Just think, that's only a No. 2 mill. Can you imagine what a No 5 or 6 twin screw mill is like to run? And how big it is.
You beat me to the punch; that is exactly what I was going to say! In the shop I apprenticed in they had one, a horizontal #5 Cincinnati a generation older than the one pictured; you needed a step ladder to reach the table when it was on center with the spindle, I think the table was 9 feet long.

On the 2 Ml that I had, the hand wheels and vertical feed crank were automatically disengaged when the feed levers were engaged.

Back