Bison vs Gator chucks

Anyone had any dealing with CME Tools Chucks?
I think CME = China-Made Exports. Their Cutter Master knock-off looks janky as all get-out for two grand. I bet their chucks would have you wishing you left a fake e-mail and walked away whistling with your hands in your pockets while you had the chance.

I can't believe the asking prices for new chucks. In all the years I've been doing this I've never considered purchasing a "new" chuck. I frequent the used equipment dealers on a fairly regular basis and find they literally have hundreds of chucks in like new condition for peanuts. The last one I purchased was a 10" Skinner 4 jaw that was in like new condition. The out the door price was $125.00.

I'll be visiting an equipment dealer later today. Not looking for chucks, but rather to get some hardware for linear rails I bought a few weeks ago. This dealer has racks of used chucks from 6" to over 36". Most are in excellent condition, and at reasonable prices. Over the years I've bought close to a dozen 3 and 4 jaw chucks for a couple lathes. They range in size from 3" to 10". The most expensive one was the latest 10" Skinner 4 jaw.

I wish I could find a used equipment dealer to do the same. I checked the closest one to me and I might as well buy new. Their price was only a few hundred less.

What size an mounting? Keep scanning eBay and something will come up.

I have an extra cast 4 jaw D1-6 that came with my new ACRA 1440, I bought a forged 4 jaw to use.

Reactions: rwm
1600 RPM? I guess cause it's cast?

I think CME = China-Made Exports. Their Cutter Master knock-off looks janky as all get-out for two grand. I bet their chucks would have you wishing you left a fake e-mail and walked away whistling with your hands in your pockets while you had the chance.
You are likely correct, the reason I asked was because they are prevalent on Amazon and when I look them up they are part of an American company< with a suspect ownership I recon... but they are going for less than 400 bucks in most cases... Tempted to buy through Amazon for the return policy and check it out. 8" 6 jaw with a D4-1 plate for $391.00. 8" 6 Jaw D4

Back