Black Gritty Grease

Oh-oh... Newbie mistake!

I've wiped off the black gritty grease on all of my Made in China machines and accessories. Where can I buy some more to replace this unique protectant? ;)

Boeshield T-9 or Yamashield works very well as well as LPS#3 like mentioned. I've used each on my cast iron tools and it works.

They made a mistake with my lathe because it had RED gritty grease and not BLACK gritty grease. I must complain. Bob

I've found you can buy tins of that black gritty grease in the auto parts stores.
For some reason they use it on valve seats in engine re-builds.

I have used chainsaw bar oil. It is very thick and does not dry out like lightweight oils (WD-40) .

Jim

I have used chainsaw bar oil. It is very thick and does not dry out like lightweight oils (WD-40) .
Jim
I was told that lathe/mill Way Oil is the same as Chainsaw bar Oil, sticky and gooey

My bar oil is thirty weight. I haven't seen that sticky stuff for about ten years.

My bar oil is thirty weight. I haven't seen that sticky stuff for about ten years.
If you would like to try a wax base- good for long- term storage- try 3M - made
for interior panel panel protection. Almost no working lubrication function.
BLJHB.

I know what your talking about but I've never seen it for sale. I was actually just thinking about using paste wax not mixing it. That stuff your talking about is more like glue.

Mix sand and high temp wheel bearing grease. Boom, black gritty grease.

Back