Blue Angels in town!

pdentrem

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Show Saturday and Sunday at the waterfront Buffalo NY. Going to park and watch with camera.
Pierre

Attachments

• 5B5ECD33-2840-40FF-B283-B2F72EB532BB.jpeg
    5B5ECD33-2840-40FF-B283-B2F72EB532BB.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 14
  • C6F64144-51DA-4537-81C0-1D4F35C8E75C.jpeg
    C6F64144-51DA-4537-81C0-1D4F35C8E75C.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 12
I watched them practice in Salinas, CA before an airshow a few years ago
the precision and speeds these pilots and machines achieve is phenomenal

I've seen them so many times since I was a kid. I always loved seeing them but what they were doing was a little incomprehensible because I'm not a pilot. Not until I got the sim IL2 Sturmovik and tried to actually fly in formation did it become real. At those speeds and insanely close that's beyond super human. Acrobatics is one thing, but formation acrobatics, insane.

I've seen them so many times since I was a kid. I always loved seeing them but what they were doing was a little incomprehensible because I'm not a pilot. Not until I got the sim IL2 Sturmovik and tried to actually fly in formation did it become real. At those speeds and insanely close that's beyond super human. Acrobatics is one thing, but formation acrobatics, insane.
The Navy doesn't have pilots, they have aviators!

Eric

i was told a pilot steers a ship and aviator commands the skies

The Thunderbirds and Blue Angels will be doing some flying together this year utilizing the "Super Delta" formation totalling 12 aircraft in tight formation. That will be cool to see.
I have never flown formation, but I understand it is all about following your wingman. Reference the 1982 Thunderbirds crash to understand the unwavering commitment to that operating procedure.

We were under a weather delay during the first 2 hours of the 4 hour block. Hope the weather is better tomorrow. It was a heavy fog that rolled in and now t-storms.
Two Osprey, C-17, a single F18 did multiple passes before the airspace was returned. No photos as the haze was just too much.
Pierre

C-bag is right. If you don't fly, formation flying is incredibly difficult, much less at the close-quarters the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds fly at.

C-bag, I don't know if you flew the Warbirds of Prey servers in Il-2 back in the day, but if you did, I was one of the Four Horsemen. Made some good friends and had a lot of fun back then.

Back