• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

BOB for Ditron magnetic (DMS) scales to Mach3

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

slow-poke

I will eventually add stepper motors to my mill. For now I would like to get DRO capability for manual operation by driving Mach 3 software with the signals from a pair of Ditron DMS scales (RS422 format).

So my understanding is that I need some sort of Break-Out-Board to interface between the scales and the parallel port on the PC.

Can anyone suggest a suitable low cost BOB for this purpose?

kd4gij

Active User
Where did you get the Ditron scales?

countryguy

Active User
I happened to see this ... forgot to watch this. You can send an email to: sales@dcoee.com <sales@dcoee.com>

And attn to Jaeger. Very nice guy and usually very responsive unless at a show.
They are now onto a GEN2 Mag scale device. JimDawson ran some testing thru them on his router and did some count compares. (In an Airport now. Search for Ditron and you should get a lot of the info on our review and testing of then).
PS- display DRO's are multi-functional and a few different types.

sales@dcoee.com // Jaeger Hou

[6]
[5] [7]