Bolt action pheumatic air rifle

badboydas

Badboydas
Registered
Not technically a fire arm but bunny`s don`t like it. This is a little project I started about 2 1/2 years ago based on the Talon air rifle the Mk1 was cobbled together with parts from an old pump action paintball marker and when finished looked good and performed well. but I thought it would be great to make the whole thing, which I started making the valve and housing directly after finishing the Mk1 anyway that sat on my desk up until about a month ago when I continued the Mk2. What do you reckon?

Very nice. We need a range report. What projectiles do you use? Can you load with bird shot?

Is there any thing I can do to open photos? Some posts I can see most like these I can not.

I think those pics were lost in a crash, or once we were hacked and Nelson had to restore from some backups that weren't properly linked to the Gallery.

Here are the pics that got lost or similar ones. Will post the the feet per pound and ranged groupings pellet weight so forth once I`ve aquired a scope.[attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3][attachimg=4][attachimg=5]

MK1 18inch.jpg mk1.jpg mk2bits.jpg mk215.5inch.jpg mk2 valve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for your words ,I thought they might come out a bit different to that so I`ll post again hopefully I`ll get it right?
Basically the MKI was built up out of an old paintball marker (Viper 100 nelspot valve) with the valve modified, a bit off tube and a rifled Webley barrel , MKII appart from the barrel I machined all. The MKI has an adjuster which did`nt seem to make a lot of difference to velocity. Anyway once the scope is here I`ll post some more.
Darren

mk1.jpg MK1 18inch.jpg mk2 valve.jpg mk215.5inch.jpg mk2bits.jpg

Thank You for posting your pictures again. very nice job will be interesting to hear how well she worked.

Hi Dave
Thanks for your kind words, It`s based on the Talon airgun, With me drawings tend to be an after part I take the suck it and see approach unless drawings come my way I have some drawings but its all a bit ad lib on my part. It`s .22 but could easily be adaptted for .177. The drawings below are all I have as a reinstall lost everything. I am more than happy to give dimension to anyone who wants them.
Darren

Valve.jpg Talon.jpg Sketch.jpg Valve body and valve.jpg

Here are some result taken over the chrono the CO2 was just caplets and I`m not sure how many shots were fired before changing the caplet, the air tank was a small co2 paintball tank converted with a low pressure 680psi paintball reg with approx 1500psi fill. So result look all over the place, but it would appear the heavier the pellet the higher the feet per pound. Once the scope arrives I`ll get some results up for the MKII.

ft per pound.jpg

Back