Bolt action pheumatic air rifle

Is it noisy? and, are airgun silencers legal where you are? Have you considered a larger version, say .5"?

Hi
No it`s not noisy, not as noisy as a springer anyway, silencers are legal. I haven`t thought of bigger bore I don`t think it would be hard to modify, regulator and hammer would need some changes, I`m sure it`s do able. I suspect firearms laws might be a problem :police: and making the pellets.

Darren, that is a very nice bit of kit you have there. It has nice lines to it. :D

I can only imagine the amount of painstaking labor that you put into making it. I also imagine you have to maintain very strict tolerances, especially with things like the valving. Cudo's to you for the job well done.

I only have a couple of cheap springers myself, along with a Beeman RX-1 that I use for practice during the winter months. I've never had the pleasure of trying a high pressure CO2 or PCP rifle, but would love to get the chance someday. Certainly would make for a fun afternoon. 8)

Thanks for sharing the pics and the details.

If you want plans, look at the Building a Pneumatic Air Rifle book by "Buckley" - I think it's from UK.
The book costs around $35 to get in hand and covers full construction of a PCP airgun with the barrel as the only purchased part.

well worth the read to see how to build, service, repair, or design a PCP airgun.

Back