Bolts with spring-loaded handles

redvan22

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Hello again,
I need one of those thingies that is a bolt with a spring-loaded handle that allows you to tighten a bolt in a tight space. I don't know what they're called.

Can someone give me the name of these things so I can find them please?

Michael.

Like these?

Kipp hand levers. Zoro has good prices but you need to get the part numbers from the Kipp catalog first to find them on the Zoro site.

PERFECT, thank you everyone.

"Rotating Knob Wingnut Ratcheting Thumb Lever Screw." I get mine on eBay; usually cheaper than going direct to McMaster, MSC, Zoro & Taylor Tool Works, and I can get the smaller versions that I prefer for many uses (many styles, colors & sizes:

Thumb Lever 1.jpeg Thumb Lever 2.jpeg Thumb Lever 3.jpeg

Also have "Push Button Ratchet Lever Adjustable Handle Knobs," which have female threads, like these:

Lever Nut.jpeg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/131770965142

Little Machine Shop has 5 and 6 mm versions. They're used on a number of benchtop machines.

Hello again,
I need one of those thingies that is a bolt with a spring-loaded handle that allows you to tighten a bolt in a tight space. I don't know what they're called.

Can someone give me the name of these things so I can find them please?

Michael.
A Ratchet? Lol

LMS calls them locking handles. LMS has two versions. One is made in China, it's okay. The other is made in Germany. Cost more, but much, much better.

LMS calls them locking handles. LMS has two versions. One is made in China, it's okay. The other is made in Germany. Cost more, but much, much better.
I agree. I broke the plastic handle off one of my originals -- the handle was upright and fouled the mill table. I replaced both with the German ones.

Back