• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Bourbon + eBay, how did I do? (DTI purchase)

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

jmx66

I had a cheap Chinese DTI when I started out. I felt dirty and sad whenever I used it.
Then I got a much better Enco.
Decided it was time for an upgrade and just scored a Girod-Tast and Swiss made Federal Testmaster which is, I believe, a rebranded Tesa.
They both work beautifully and are a pleasure to use.
Just thought I'd share my excitement. :cool:
DTIs.JPG

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
nice score, both are very nice indicators! :grin:

markba633csi

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Good set, I'm betting you'll use the Federal most often and save the Fowler for the really precise stuff
Mark
ps go to www.longislandindicator.com for a good writeup on the Girod tast indicators

Last edited:

Doubleeboy

Active User
Girod Test makes great test gear. I have one that reads .001mm which is roughly .00004". The tool repeats better than any other instrument I have including Interapid and Mahr. Very high quality gear. Keep it in its box to keep it clean and it should provide a lifetime or service.

[6]
[5] [7]