Brass / Aluminum Tubbing

dlane

Active User
Registered
Hi all , needing some .268 Id .300 od +- .002 tubbing I've checked all the suppliers I can think of with no luck
Kinda need to be brass or alu, have been useing shrinko, it works but metallic would be best.
I'll be needing hundreds of 3/8" long pieces, they are spacers for bullet cartridge pens
Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks

Maybe find someone with a screw machine, or small CNC lathe with an autofeeder?

Check aircraft tubing suppliers. They may not have the exact size, but you can find something close that could be inside reamed and outside turned to the exact dimensions you want.

Maybe find someone with a screw machine, or small CNC lathe with an autofeeder?
I do not see any shop setting up a bar fed mechanical screw machine or cnc lathe for hundreds of these parts, at a cost that a hobbyist would find reasonable, at thousands it may be doable. This is an easy part to make on a manual lathe, better yet a small turret lathe with a parting attachment, one could make 100 per 8 hour day with such a machine properly tooled, 4.8 minutes per part.

check with hobby lobby. Not sure about the sizes they have or if it would be reasonably priced, but I have seen brass and aluminum tubing similar to that size there.

5/16 OD, 1/4 ID, turn, bore cut off. 3/8 long, assuming tubing is available....

Online metals has 6160 T6 alum tubes 10 to 12" long (twenty pieces) for $3.91 plus shipping. What would you offer per each plus shipping?

Brass also available, $2.66 for the same 10" to 12" piece plus shipping. This would reduce my cost by 15%.

Last edited:
Try some spent bullet cases. 30 cal m1 cartridges should be close. Plus you can resize the brass in a reloading press to make what you want .I mean the carbine bullet case not the Garand .

Back