Bridge Port Mill

gotogojo

Active User
Registered
was looking at a b p mill for sale it seem small seen some here with a small door on the side they called a # 1 any way I did not have my glasses and the man read of what was on the motor single ph 220 half hp. did they make a half hp. built in motor on some of there early mach. ??gotogojo am going to check it out next time in town no tooling price he is talking 700$ ??

Sounds high. I have a little BP clone from HF that I like pretty well. It isn't as nice as my big mill but it didn't cost as much ether.

Pretty sure I saw a 1/2 hp BP on Ebay recently. It was a 9x36 table I think.

I believe David is correct that it is a M head. The one I used for awhile I recall seeing the #1 on it as well. The M head is lighter duty. The ram is round instead of dovetailed and it is noticeably less powerful than the ubiquitous Jhead step pulley style. I think many of the parts will be more difficult to find as well.
(just the first pic I found online)
upload_2016-1-20_6-13-8.png
However, it is more compact. IIRC it was more like 1200 lbs and I think the base/knee was the same is j head, but it has been over a decade since I used it so don't take that to the bank.

My FrankenMill has a 1 horse motor adapted to it. It wired with a 2 speed/forward/reverse switch and has a #7 B&S taper. It came with a ton of tooling when I picked it up for $600. Verify what taper the machine has as some of it can be hard to come by. I have seen the #7 stuff on eBay so it is still out there.
Mark

Back