Bridgeport 90° head lubrication

Shootymacshootface

I make little metal out of big metal.
Registered
Hi all! This is my first post at HM. What a great site this is! Very friendly and so much knowledge.

So... I have a question. Bridgeport 90° head, there is a grease fitting on the side. What to shoot in there? I don't want to contaminate it with grease if it is supposed to be oil.

Thanks, John

Thanks for the reply. Now I need to find an extended drawbar. My mill has a Kurt power drawbar. I was hoping that there would be room enough to reach down with a socket and an extension, but no.

I used a tubular wrench, similar to the cheapo spark plug removal tool you used to get with motorcycles.
I always wondered why the hex part of the drawbar was so long, I found out after I shortened it!

I think that I have it figured out. I just took the power drawbar assembly apart. Every fastener on it was way loose anyway, it's a wonder why it worked so well like that. There is a bushing in the bottom of the Kurt base plate that I presume will knock the bar off of the impact guns socket. I removed the bushing and now I should be able to use the Kurt splined socket with a 3/8" extension to tighten up the angle attatchment. I don't think bar will get hung up in the socket, it's a pretty loose fit.

John

Hi all! This is my first post at HM. What a great site this is! Very friendly and so much knowledge.

So... I have a question. Bridgeport 90° head, there is a grease fitting on the side. What to shoot in there? I don't want to contaminate it with grease if it is supposed to be oil.

Thanks, John

Download a Bridgeport manual for your machine, and confirm that the fitting wan't grease instead of oil.

Back