Bridgeport J had spindle clone.

Sounds good @Laz.

I'll take a look tonight after work and let you know.

I am very new to machining hobby and have been totally sucked in by it.
It's interesting how quickly you can get sucked into this hobby and how quickly you can learn it. I, too, am relatively new to this. I've only been into this about 2 years. Started by rehabbing a 13" South Bend lathe. I am hesitant to use "rebuilding" on any of these projects since I am not grinding and scraping in ways or other machined surfaces. But after the lathe, I did the same to a Series 1 Bridgeport. A small 1940s Craftsman drill press got a quick rebuild. I'm in the last efforts to do the same with a K&T 2HL horizontal mill. I have a 7" Logan shaper that's on the list, plus I added another machine last week (yet to be revealed) that will get a complete teardown and rehab. And I can guarantee that unless I die beforehand, there will be more machines after that. :)

The story of my life, getting sucked in by this kind of thing. It keeps me busy. I grew up without much money and had to make do with a lot of crappy tools. I guess I am trying to make up for it.

We just realized that the old round column Bridgeport we are fixing up is Number 34. Built in 1938 it has to be part of the very first run. The mill does have a early version of the J head, and not the M. {Probably added later.

Back