[Drill] Bringing Home A Beast - My "new" Drill Press

congrats! I love my 15in WT900! I got mine home in the back of my Ford Focus wagon, with a little help from a passing student on getting it in the back. Funny thing was that I couldn't get it out as the quill cover had gotten stuck in the bottom of the rear seat base and the DP base had hooked into the trunk latch post. Had to disassemble it in the car to get it out, which wasn't that hard. I've had it for a couple of years now and I'm very happy with it. I even do a little light milling in alu using a screw on collet chuck and an XY vise.

I Love my WT 20 inch as well...

You may already be guessing my warning :) .. Not much of a warning actually, but if the drill oress was as tall, or taller than you (I don't know how tall you are) you probably have a 20 inch drill oress on your hands. QUITE a bit heavier than a 15 or 17, but possibly manageable alone depending on your skills, equipment, and strength. No problem for two people if you can both strain a little hah hah.

Looking forward to seeing what you got!

Bernie

Bernie

Bernie, I'm just not sure of the size. I should've measured things, but I didn't bring a tape. Obviously I'm new to buying machinery! Ahhh, I can't wait to get you folks some photos. I'm getting her tomorrow, sometime between 5 and 6 at night.

I dunno about the manageable alone bit, I really struggled with my 15" and I'm relatively fit and somewhat strong. It was also very top heavy. Admittedly I did have to move it some distance to get it out of the building but there's no way I could have lifted it into my car alone.

Hahhah I suspected it was a 20!! Ha hah I'll check it out!

Back