Broke my kneecap mountain biking

Peyton Price 17

Registered
Registered
So i was riding with the schools mountain bike team and going down a steep trail at 15 mph I hit a waterbar and flew over my bars. I landed on my left knee and skidded about 20 feet to a stop.They thought I had a concussion so I was driven out on a side by side then taken to urgent care. But I didn’t have one. I’m getting a mri tomorrow and already got some x rays but now I have to use crutches.hope to be good for my trip to Colorado in 2 weeks.

If we can remember back that far , we were indestructible at that age. At least we thought we were. Just hope you didn’t brake anything.

During the age of invincibility sport is a fantastic pastime, it feels great and you think its doing you the world of good.
It isnt, its sneakily messing with you.
During the age of pension all those little (and large) crackups come back with haunting regularity in plague proportions.
Do I regret any of those sports? Nah!
But I do regret all the injuries and resulting lifelong pain.
Take care and look after your self.

Ouch!
I hope you're not too torn up Peyton.

-brino

Now I’m laying in the couch watching some machining which is what I do after summer camp. But this was my worst crash so far but didn’t hit my head too bad. I split my older helmet because I sucked at jumping. But the new water bars suck. We had like over 10 punctures in one day from them.

We had like over 10 punctures in one day from them.
I'm as far as you can get from a purist cyclist. I got tired of flats and put foam inner tubes in. Best thing ever. Haven't had a flat in 1000's of miles!
Even worse, I recently bought a pedal assist E-bike. I like it. Hills and head winds handled with ease. Now do a 22 mile round trip with relative ease. PS, I'm 79!

Now I’m laying in the couch watching some machining which is what I do after summer camp. But this was my worst crash so far but didn’t hit my head too bad. I split my older helmet because I sucked at jumping. But the new water bars suck. We had like over 10 punctures in one day from them.

One of the reasons I stopped trail riding was the culture of mountain biking has moved towards an “eXtreme” one, meaning everything has to be bigger, faster, longer. Yes I’m getting older, but sometimes riding is just about being outside. However, trails have been changed to have more drop offs, jumps, wall rides etc. I’ve hurt myself more as I got older - just trying to keep up. Rail Trails for me now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my mri and no chips under my skin. But I agree with what vtcnc said about mountain biking. Most airI got was 18 feet but I like trail riding more than jumping.

Last edited:
Back