Brought a uni-saw sight un seen

mrbreezeet1

Active User
Registered
Call me crazy,or what ever else you might think, but it's done.
I will be OK, I know this.
After looking at pictures, and the guy sent me a video, and talking to the seller for about an hour on the phone.
I trusted the guy, and mailed him a check.
I got a pretty good price for it IMO. (Gave $569.00)
It has the dust door and the cast iron motor cover,goose egg.
Saw has the OE motor, single phase, and is plug and play.
He is holding it for me till I get out of the hospital.

004.jpg 003.jpg 002.jpg 001.jpg

I also have a Unisaw, it is the best saw I have ever owned. Mine is 1982 vintage. I installed a 32 inch Unifence. This is a very accurate machine.

I also have a Unisaw, it is the best saw I have ever owned. Mine is 1982 vintage. I installed a 32 inch Unifence. This is a very accurate machine.
thanks fastback, I have been wanting one forever, at a good price (more fun...lol) as soon as I went in the hospital, they started showing up, so as stated, I trusted the guy, and mailed him a check, sight unseen.
I was expecting to have to restore one when I found one, but this should be plug and play.
More info when I get it home.
Thanks,
Tony

First off, i hope everything goes great for you health wise:)
As for the unisaw... great! tremendous improvemennt over contractors saws! i have an old rockwell version, owned it for close to 20 years, you'll notice the difference as soon as you turn it on, put as nice sharp blade on it, they cut through the air so much better than older blades :) than that first cut... smooth, clean, precise. As a carpenter i get the oppurtunity to use just about everything out there, my saw is a joy to operate compared to many.

good luck, have many years of joy making dust!

rich

Thanks Rich, I should be OK, just will take time.
Hope to get the Uni home, hoping this W/E??
Have to rely on buddies with pick-up's.
l need to get a hitch on the car, and just rent a trailer in the future.
Yeah, I been wanting a uni- for ever.
i'll write more later,this lap top is too damm finicky.
Thanks for the well wish's.
Tony D.

First off, i hope everything goes great for you health wise:)
As for the unisaw... great! tremendous improvemennt over contractors saws! i have an old rockwell version, owned it for close to 20 years, you'll notice the difference as soon as you turn it on, put as nice sharp blade on it, they cut through the air so much better than older blades :) than that first cut... smooth, clean, precise. As a carpenter i get the oppurtunity to use just about everything out there, my saw is a joy to operate compared to many.

good luck, have many years of joy making dust!

rich

You'll really like that saw!

I used one in a tool room for 6+ years. I really miss that saw. We had blades that we'd use to cut alum plate. There wasn't much out there that would stop that thing!

Hope you get out soon!

You'll really like that saw!

I used one in a tool room for 6+ years. I really miss that saw. We had blades that we'd use to cut alum plate. There wasn't much out there that would stop that thing!

Hope you get out soon!

thanks Dan, I am home, but just yesterday was 1st day home, fellow was feeding cat, apartment was 17 times trashed as I had left it, cat was accting weird, bit me 2 times, had maggots in sink, and Gnats all over place, Cat turdes all around litter box, but the kid feeding cat knew nothing about the maggots. He had left canned cat food on spoon in sink, why maggots and gnats came. this was after I told him not to give her canned food.
Needless to say my spirits are not very good.

Great choice in equipment! Hard to beat a 10 cabinet style saw. You will enjoy how solid it is and that when you are pushing 4x8 material through it the saw does not move. Much safer than a contractor saw.

If you need a owners manual, you will probably find one over at the http://vintagemachinery.org site. If needing parts or advice about anything related to the saw, the folks over at owwm.org are always a great bunch to visit.

Great saw! Great deal!

Hope you are able to make saw dust real soon.

Cheers,

Skip

Here is the outfeed table I made for it.
Also, it had a jet loc fence, but I ended up putting a 30" bies I had been sitting on from the Lowes close out about 5 years (Wow already) ago. They got down to about $80.00 IIRC.
Used 2 rare earth magnets off E bay, J-B welded onto counter bored holes. (2nd Photo)
It was just resting on a roller stand when I took the picture, but in the mean time,
I came up with a single leg for the rear, that can be disconnected and stuck in a corner when not in use.
I just wood screwed a 1/2" pipe thread floor flange to the bottom of the table, took a length of 1/2" pipe, and pressed in a slider from a ford or GM truck caliper, where a bolt threads in, to give me a bit of adjustably on the floor end.
So I thread in the pipe, and stick the table on to the back rail and the magnets stick on to the back rail.
So far, seems to be working out OK.

DSCF0844 12X Table 2.jpg DSCF0837 12X Rare 2.jpg DSCF0842 12X stand 2.jpg DSCF0845  12X Saw 2.jpg

Great saw with a much better fence now. Out feed tables make working alone much safer, heck I really don't like anyone assisting me on a power tool anyways.

Back