Brought a uni-saw sight un seen

Great saw with a much better fence now. Out feed tables make working alone much safer, heck I really don't like anyone assisting me on a power tool anyways.

Yeah, they want to start pulling the wood and the like.
Yeah, I got tired of fooling with that jet lock fence.
Supposed to be a rubber bushing in there that deforms, and causes it to not lock square, but since I already had this fence, I went with the bies.
It came with a nice table board too.

Looks nice. I used to have an out feed on mine great for cutting down plywood . I always wanted a biemeiser fense for mine but it came with a unifence and it works nearly as well. Wish my shop had the room for a big out feed table, I'm jealous:))

Rich

I used to have a unisaw 3ph w/Bessimer fence very nice saw also had a scoring attachment, I also had a Powermatic with factory Bessimer fence & sliding table & scoring attachment too.

Clean looking saw at a nice price

Wish I had a Biesemeyer for my Unisaw. I just have the stock fence. I have a Vega on my contractors Craftsman, and I like it, but the cab saw is actually in storage. I ought to sell it. Don't really have the room in the shop. Have a nice old Craftsman commercial planer, and an old Delta joiner in storage as well. sigh

yeah, it's a shame when you have the stuff but can't use it,
I don't have much space here either,that is why I made it to come apart and come off. That OF table is only about 27" square.
Yeah for $80.00 I couldn't pass up the fence.
Yeah, I thought I did pretty good on the saw, esp with the dust door and the goose egg, and all the work he did to it.
It has new bearings and belts too, and the 1.5HP RI motor.
It was pretty well plug and play. I thought for around $500.00, I would only find a project saw.

You got a great deal on that fence. I have the Unifence and really like it. My set up is very similar to yours except the out feed table is permanent. I have a two stall garage that is dedicated to wood working. Lots of tools with little space. Oh, and no cars.

As for the Unisaw I doubt that you will ever want anything else.

Continued luck,
Paul

Nice saw!

Be sure when you have a chance to inspect the castings inside. Unfortunately the best way to do this is to remove the cast iron table. The tilt and elevation gear castings are often buggered up, event though the saw is cosmetically sound. When you have a chance to look at it with the PO, crank them over the entire range quadrant gear. Might be a bit hard going if the saw is dirty and the lube has hardened, but you'll probably 'feel' it if any teeth are missing. Check the castings as well for any cracks. This is a notorious weakness of the Unisaw.

I can't see any reason to expect these flaws, but if you do, then figure that you'll have to replace them (they're pretty plentiful on the 'bay) and adjust your buying price accordingly.

Cheers!

Chandos

well already got it here, cranks up and tilts smooth. didn't really look when the table was off to move it.
Maybe I will end up pulling it off again,
Shouldn't I have lubed it all in there any way?
I guess a dry lube is good.

Nice saw!

Be sure when you have a chance to inspect the castings inside. Unfortunately the best way to do this is to remove the cast iron table. The tilt and elevation gear castings are often buggered up, event though the saw is cosmetically sound. When you have a chance to look at it with the PO, crank them over the entire range quadrant gear. Might be a bit hard going if the saw is dirty and the lube has hardened, but you'll probably 'feel' it if any teeth are missing. Check the castings as well for any cracks. This is a notorious weakness of the Unisaw.

I can't see any reason to expect these flaws, but if you do, then figure that you'll have to replace them (they're pretty plentiful on the 'bay) and adjust your buying price accordingly.

Cheers!

Chandos

Well out feed table with rare earth magnets is working well,
Some Nay sayers on another group, kept saying they would not trust the magnets alone, I told them I thought it would be fine.
After all, your only sliding wood across the top of it.
It's not like your putting a lot of pressure on it.

I have built a few cross cut sleds for it too.

Back