Brought home my newly acquired Excello 602

buffdan

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Picked this up from a local gentleman.
Included original table feed, numerous cutters, a very nice Palmgren mill vise, NOS Saragon DRO with scales & display.
Need to fabricate quill feed parts, but otherwise good to go.

Runs quiet, table very nice, just minor dings, wear way- 1/2 of flaking visible.
MNTB40 taper... Only one tool holder- CH3 collet chuck - Not common :(
I have a bunch of NMTB30 too holders, I will investigate 40-30 adapter.
Just thinking on how to power, etc.

Hauled with a drop bed trailer (Highly recommend).
Will post more later20230419_110731.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I wish we could find stuff like that in my area for those prices.

Constant searching on craigslist and marketplace

Constant searching on craigslist and marketplace

Constant searching on craigslist and marketplace **in an area that actually has used machinery**. I run bots on both. There is nothing for sale around here.

What do you mean bots? How do you do this.. Curious

Might need to make a trip north to better hunting grounds. Mike

Constant searching on craigslist and marketplace **in an area that actually has used machinery**. I run bots on both. There is nothing for sale around here.

That's a nice looking machine Dan. I would consider the 40 tapper tooling a major asset. Cheers, Mike

Might need to make a trip north to better hunting grounds. Mike

Yep, it seems all of the used machines are in the rust belt, Chicago to Buffalo. My lathe came from Harrisburg Pa, my Cinci mill came from the riverfront of Philly, which is how it ended up being originally a 2 phase machine. I run the searches at a 250 mile radius, and the few that pop up are southern Pa.

Bots. Some call them search apps. I don't phone, and I don't facebook, so I rely on some python scripts I found to search and scrape unattended.

Back