Buck Versatapper - Model #6100

B

Buffalo20

Forum Guest
Register Today
Does anyone have a manual for a Buck Versatapper model #6100 ??

I believe mine is a Rigid Versatapper 6100.
Rigid sold to Buck, or did Buck sell to Rigid?
Either way I believe I have a manual. I'll try to get it scanned or similar and post it here.
Tomorrow?
I'm always trying to cram to much into tomorrow.
If I forget please send me a PM as a reminder.
I believe I have the manual for which you are looking.

You got any of the calcium based grease for the tapper?
Only available in 5 gallon pails or some such. I made phone/emails calls last fall.
Need only a couple tablespoons....

Daryl
MN

And they are the same procunier drill press taping heads.

I've had mine for about 10 years, I need to order a part, so I need the parts diagram. I have a large Jet drill press with a built in tapping head, but it's a little too large, for taps below 1/4" or 6 mm, that's when I use the Buck.

Please find a scan of my manual.
It was wider than the scanner. Hope this works for you!
Should anyone find appropriate grease/lube I'd sure appreciate some help in identification and sourcing.
Please.

I need 2 oz of Mobilplex EP #23 lithium grease. I confirmed with Mobile that the new equivalent is Mobilux EP 023. The old stuff was supposedly calcium based, and is now just a powder in my Versatapper. As I recall Mobile said this is now typically used in Foodservice applications.

I found another website which suggest that the specs are "NLGI 000 EP semi-fluid grease has a worked penetration of 460 @ 25C, Timken OK Load of 40 lb, base oil viscosity cSt of 320 @ 40C, four ball wear of 0.40 mm and four ball weld load of 250 kg". Whatever that all means... And that modern equivalents might be "Chevron Multifak EP 000, Castrol HD Lithium 000 #5613, Conoco Dynalife L-EP 000 and others". I have not yet attempted to call the alternative manufactures.

Anybody have a couple of ounces they want to sell? Mine has been shelved pending finding an appropriate lube.

Daryl
MN

Attachments

• Rigid Versatapper Operating Instructions.pdf
    12.5 MB · Views: 114
Back