Bucket List Purchases

Tmate

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Have you ever bought something you have no earthly use for just because you always wanted it?

Thirty years ago I bought this .460 Weatherby, and recently a .500 Smith for that reason. I have never shot them and never will, but I like having them. Make any sense?

What were your bucket list purchases, if any?

Attachments

• bucket list.jpg
    bucket list.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Have you ever bought something you have no earthly use for just because you always wanted it?
Never ! :grin:
Well , maybe a few times . ;)

I had occasion to shoot a .460 Weatherby on my first deer hunting trip with my dad. One of the other members of the party was a very big guy and thought he needed a very big gun. I was 13 and no more than 100 lbs. Even being warned and well braced it nearly drove me to the ground.

My bucket list? Rotary table, plasma cutter and surface grinder. The rotary table is probably the only one I could justify.

Even being warned and well braced it nearly drove me to the ground.

In the early 1960s I read an article in one of the gun magazines where a man sat in a child's wagon and shot a .460 several times. The wagon moved a couple of feet. Of course .460 ammo didn't cost $9.00 a round back then.

I can't even handle a .338 any more . After trying to sight it in , I couldn't breathe right for 2 months . Only reason I bought was my buddy up in NY was selling it and it came from the Remington Illion plant which is right down the road .

I have shot the S&W 500. She is a kicker.

quick story. Spent night with high school friend. Family had relatives buffalo gun. 50 cal sharps. Each shell was in a box 4 or 5” long. He snuck it out of house next morning. Two shells. He tried to get me to fire first. Hell no you first. He sit down leaning up against a big tree( BIG mistake). Loaded. Fired. Big cloud of smoke. Lots of screaming. Broke shoulder. Came back to school with big plaster cast across chest with arm extended on a pole tied into cast. He told parents I talked him into taking gun out. I Never went back. Kinda long for a quick story.

I can't even handle a .338 any more . After trying to sight it in , I couldn't breathe right for 2 months . Only reason I bought was my buddy up in NY was selling it and it came from the Remington Illion plant which is right down the road .

Muzzle brake? I can't imagine shooting a 338 without it,

Back