Building a train track

Yeah sorry about that , hey join the group it's cool . It's Machinist Museum .

I'm a member of the group but I scrolled down a pretty good ways and did not find it.

Bummrer Ken , all I can say is keep trying . I'm not really into FB all that much because I don't know how to use it plus some people on there scare me . But back to that vid actually it's a very old film of a bunch of building a train track , It starts out with a guy operating a steam shovel and it looks like he is wearing a tie . Then it shows a bunch of guys off loading ties from a train into a shoot parallel to the train and I don't know how they did it but when the ties hit the shoot they started moving and guys were helping keep the ties going with picks and levers .

Ha! I did see the guy running the steam shovel that was wearing a tie. I went back and looked at it again, not once did I notice they were laying rails. I'll go back trace it down. Yeah, I'm not much on FB either.
Ken

Interesting video. What amazes me is that you don't see anyone spiking down the rails before the work train rolls over them. I did catch sight of one guy bolting rails together ahead of the train, but with only two bolts, not four. The other two bolts were put in behind the work train, as well as most if not all of the spikes. Appears to be on the Grand Trunk Western RR, which would most likely place the filming location in Michigan.

Thanks Ken , that is the film . I wonder what year it is . And why are all the guys dressed so nice ?

Back