Busy Bee Cx600 Milling Machine And Plastic Gears

Gary, I believe Matt sells (frequently?) to Canada as well. I inquired about the PM25 before and he said it was no problem shipping to Canada. Of course, with our Loonie being so weak, the appeal of buying from the States is diminished.

Last edited:
I went and bought the Busy bee CX600 last week when it was on a one week only sale. I will check the gears before I start it up.

I have the CX601 and have not used it that much. I am however worried about the gears. Without dismantling the machine, I have tried to determine which gears we are talking about from the parts diagram. If some one knows the part numbers for the these and the best place to buy them I would be grateful to hear from them. As well I am wondering where the LMS website mentioned earlier is loacated. My apologies for not being able to figure this out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the CX601 and have not used it that much. I am however worried about the gears. Without dismantling the machine, I have tried to determine which gears we are talking about from the parts diagram. If some one knows the part numbers for the these and the best place to buy them I would be grateful to hear from them. As well I am wondering where the LMS website mentioned earlier is loacated. My apologies for not being able to figure this out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you ever determine whether the gears are plastic or not? Our dollar continues to slide which means the other mill I wanted to get (PM-727M) is starting to become unrealistic so I'm considering the CX601 as well. I'd be interested in knowing whether it has plastic/nylon gears.

Thanks,
Charlton

Hi guys!

Any of these style mills can be converted to a belt drive rather simply. You can purchase the pulleys online from a number of different sources along with the appropriate belts. All you need to fabricate is the motor mount and th appropriate spacers. Matt at QMT sells the PM-25 with the belt drive included so you could order pulleys from him and just fab the mounting plate for the motor.

Hi guys!

Any of these style mills can be converted to a belt drive rather simply. You can purchase the pulleys online from a number of different sources along with the appropriate belts. All you need to fabricate is the motor mount and th appropriate spacers. Matt at QMT sells the PM-25 with the belt drive included so you could order pulleys from him and just fab the mounting plate for the motor.

I think this is largely true if you're in the States but I find that things are terribly difficult to source here in Canada. With the Canadian dollar incurring an additional 42% charge, ordering from the States now just isn't really economical now. If only we had a McMaster-Carr here.... :(

BTW, I contacted Busy Bee and they basically confirmed that the CX601 has both plastic and steel gears. Boo. :(

I think this is largely true if you're in the States but I find that things are terribly difficult to source here in Canada. With the Canadian dollar incurring an additional 42% charge, ordering from the States now just isn't really economical now. If only we had a McMaster-Carr here.... :(
Oh so true. Shipping costs usually put the last nail in that coffin too.

I'm beginning to wonder when the loonie is going to bottom out....if ever.

I keep wondering how much Justin has to do with all this.......

Well, it seems we've dipped below 70 today. I think we can expect to dip quite a bit more and probably stay there for quite a long time.

I don't know how much Justin has to do with this but it feels like we're always on the losing end of the stick. Food costs either go up because of oil costs (transportation costs) even when the dollar is high or they go up because the dollar is weak (even though transportation costs are probably low). <sigh> :bull:

Back