Buying a Lagun mill... how do I move this thing?

I am weighing the options between fixing the Intza pump I have vs swapping over to what seems to be the much more popular choice, Bijur. The readily available Bijur pumps seem to have 5/16x24 thread, so looking at options to swap over to that.

I have emails into Lagun and Intza about repair options for the pump I have, but not expecting to hear anything super cost effective compared to the price of a new Bijur.
Would be best to fix the Intza pump, just from the additional work required to replace everything. Unless you can make it work with an adapter.

I have found that sometimes it works better to give these companies a call if they are slow to respond via email. Might want to give that a try.

Best of luck.

I was fortunate to have a Bijur system in mine that only needed minimal parts to get it back working... got everything from the folks at H&W:

I've had to move mine...twice.
Here's a few suggestions:
1 If possible, get a 1 ton chain hoist and carefully remove the head/ram/turret as an assembly and place on a sturdy pallet and bolt it to the pallet.
2 lift the base and place on another pallet and bolt it to the pallet.
I made my pallets out of 4x4's and 2x8's.
I rented a moving truck with a lift gate and used a pallet jack to load the pallets.
After you get it home, use the pallet jack to unload, then pick up a 2 ton engine hoist at harbor freight and use it to reassemble.
The 2 ton hoist is handy. I guarantee you will use it again setting up your shop.
Also, I believe you have an FT1. V stands for "variable". Yours is a step pulley so no V in the model number.
If you need manuals, let me know. I may have copies.

I read somewhere that the Lagun uses M8x1.00 fittings. Couldn't one just buy adapters to convert over to 5/16x24 or am I oversimplifying it?
When I re-did the oil system on my FTV-1( circa 1978 model ) I got the fittings/meters from Carmen at Lagun.

Would be best to fix the Intza pump, just from the additional work required to replace everything. Unless you can make it work with an adapter.

I have found that sometimes it works better to give these companies a call if they are slow to respond via email. Might want to give that a try.

Best of luck.

I was fortunate to have a Bijur system in mine that only needed minimal parts to get it back working... got everything from the folks at H&W:

Interestingly, the Intza pump seems to be working fine now. The Mobil Vactra way oil arrived and once I put that in there all seems well. I've been deliberately avoiding full strokes of the pump lever. So far so good... Now giving the machine a really good scrub.

I've had to move mine...twice.
Here's a few suggestions:
1 If possible, get a 1 ton chain hoist and carefully remove the head/ram/turret as an assembly and place on a sturdy pallet and bolt it to the pallet.
2 lift the base and place on another pallet and bolt it to the pallet.
I made my pallets out of 4x4's and 2x8's.
I rented a moving truck with a lift gate and used a pallet jack to load the pallets.
After you get it home, use the pallet jack to unload, then pick up a 2 ton engine hoist at harbor freight and use it to reassemble.
The 2 ton hoist is handy. I guarantee you will use it again setting up your shop.
Also, I believe you have an FT1. V stands for "variable". Yours is a step pulley so no V in the model number.
If you need manuals, let me know. I may have copies.
Would love it if you could send me a copy of the manual! Most of the manual links I've found online are broken.

Back