buying a Logan 14

So, is this what Logan calls the Telescopic taper attachment? Have only seen them talked about or in very poor B&W pics.

Yes, I believe it is called a telescopic taper. To use tighten the two allen head bolts on the left and the crank handle. No other gyrations required.

My first project was turning a MT with it. After I got the exact taper adjusted it worked well.

The taper attachment was a big reason for me to bring the Logan home. Taper attachments always seem to bring high dollars, no matter what make of lathe.

Being able to lock the crosslide in position to the taper attachment looks very rigid.
I like it!

Yes, I believe it is called a telescopic taper. To use tighten the two allen head bolts on the left and the crank handle. No other gyrations required.

My first project was turning a MT with it. After I got the exact taper adjusted it worked well.

The taper attachment was a big reason for me to bring the Logan home. Taper attachments always seem to bring high dollars, no matter what make of lathe.
So, when not in use the clamp with the two allen screws just rides loose on the flat way? Interesting. I do not have one ... can you tell, LOL.

Like you, I thought it would need a clamp on each end. I was told they only use one clamp, normally on the tailstock end.

DSCF7813.jpg

The one that came on my 12” was so gunked up it was unusable. When I tore it down I went ahead and gave it a shot of paint. I'll get to the rest later...much later.

Manuals are available from Logan Actuator Company. Seems like $35 or so.

Yours is a lot prettier than mine. I have 2 actually, rusty and rustier. I hope at least one of them will clean up.

This is the ugliest lathe I have ever seen. I don't particularly want to paint it but I may get tired of looking at it.

Is that a new Lead Screw, or is your machine that shiny all over?

Back