CA Digital License Plate. Wow.....

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
.... Another way for "them" to track you.

Second time I have seen this license plate. Looks digital & customizable, thought it looked kinda cool. Looked it up. It is a digital license plate with tracking features, $700 + installation & a monthly fee. Hell no, NO thank you very much!

20191127_162346.jpg

Reviver Auto says the company never shares data "with the DMV, law enforcement, or any other third party,"
Yea, until they get the first subpoena.

I cannot imagine any of those so called benefits are worth the cost. Even for fleets.

Reactions: rwm
$700 + Installation + Monthly fee ??? IMHO THIS Product is Overpriced By Exactly the cost of the product and services charged in order to utilize said product!

He11 they are gonna turn all the plates into rolling Digital billboards, they should be paying you!

Also you would think the government would have a conniption fit over a digital License Plate.....Swapping a physical plate is not Exactly difficult I guess but having the potential ability to Swap those plate numbers on the fly is definitely something the criminal element will attempt to exploit if possible....or maybe i just watch too much of da boob tube! Lol

Last edited:
digital license plate with tracking features, $700 + installation & a monthly fee.

At this price, look for the state of CA to require it on all vehicles in the near future. Great way to reap revenue. Sure to be more effective than go-fund-me.
Dave

Lets see ... the person behind you will need to get relatively close to read your customizable message. I think the technical term for this is "tailgate". And they will be distracted as they read your catchy phrase. What could go wrong?

Maybe a more realistic version of the ad wold be ... "For only $700 + installation & a monthly fee you to can host your very own traffic accident!! Hurry, supplies limited."

The cost puts it 'way out of the reach of most passenger car owners. Maybe the company's target customers are operations that could write them off as a business expense (advertising).

I guess this is an updated version of the book with messages you could flip through and hold up to the window. I liked the one that read “Pull over, I love you”.

Back