Cad Software.

I have been using Design Cad 3D Max since it first became available on 5 1/4" floppy.
3D rendering with multiple lighting and also animation. Simple and easy to learn and can be bought for $149 (goes on sale regularly for $99).
http://www.imsidesign.com/

You might check out ViaCAD. I use it both at work and at home on both Macs and Windows PCs. There are several versions and the Pro edition is very powerful for the price.

http://www.punchcad.com/

PTC has a 3d option thats for free. I have not really used it much but it looks promising. Its called PTC Creo Elements /Direct Modeling Express.
Because I have have not posted before I cant put a link up yet but a google search will find it for you

The only drafting classes I had were in high school and college, all done on paper. I successfully made it to retirement without needing to learn any CAD. So, what I did was sign up for a Solidworks class at the local community college. You got a fully functioning copy of the program, as well as professional instruction. Also, the benefit of having a live person to help with any questions. Price was quite reasonable.....around $135.00 and the program is yours to keep as long as it is for personal use. Anything you print out does have student version printed on it.
But you can't let those young kids intimidate you....it was hard work for me after 35yrs working to go back to school, but it was something I wanted to try, and it was worth the effort.

I know someone mentioned TurboCad. I get mine from Ebay. There are tons of resellers who sell new software and it's cheap. Last time I got the 2-D version (V.15) for about 25 bucks. You just have to make sure you buy a full version and not an upgrade disk.

I use Bentley Microstation. You can get a copy of their Bentley Power Drafting (same thing for a beginner to advanced intermediate user) on their website IIRC. Free for students and non commercial work.

I just found onshape through a similar post on another forum.

It's in beta at the moment but my request for an invite took about 10minutes so maybe not so restricted. It's forum the solid works team and is free although limited to 6 active projects. $100 for an unlimited version.

It's cloud based and seems to be very similar to solid works. It also has an app that runs well on my iPhone although screen is a little small.

Not at had much time me to play with it. But it's worth a look I think!

Shep

You might check out viacad pro- It is relatively easy for learning curve and capable for low priced cad

randyc,
I am CADtarded When I had drafting in high school our delete key was on the other end of your pencil. So where can I find tutorials Librecad? Or is there any books that would be helpful for just learning cad?

MarkStephen answered your question I think. Frankly I didn't know that LibreCAD tutorials existed - I'm an old school AutoCAD user and LibreCAD was a painless transition for me. Most commands are either similar to or easier than those used in AutoCAD.

Years ago there was an even better application called "Generic CAD" but it became so successful that AutoDesk bought them out and discontinued the product. It wasn't free however -

randy,
Yes as Stephen di. But I also found a book on using AutoCAD with a 30 day trial of AutoCad 2015LT I am up to lesson 4. Someone else told me autoCAD to LibreCAD was pretty easy. so I plan to get as far as I can in the book before my trial runs out and then convert back to Libre. Just from my short working with both libre seems a little simpler to fin funcntions on.Mark

Back