Can any one tell me what lathe I've picked up

The cure for popping out is to stretch the spring. It puts more tension on the ball and holds it tighter. You may also find the spring broken. A word of advice. Anytime something is movable by design, don't make it rigid. It is moveable for a reason. Nuff said on this one. Time for bed. Thank you for acknowledging my point.

"Billy G"

The cure for popping out is to stretch the spring. It puts more tension on the ball and holds it tighter. You may also find the spring broken. A word of advice. Anytime something is movable by design, don't make it rigid. It is moveable for a reason. Nuff said on this one. Time for bed. Thank you for acknowledging my point.

"Billy G"

The spring is still there and intact. Good night, Bill :))

If the ball and spring detent lock are not holding only one thing can be wrong. The spring is too weak. Two fixes to this, #1 replace the spring -- #2 stretch the spring to add tension. Now, let's give this thread back to the OP. Sorry for the sidetrack.

"Billy G"

I was experimenting taking heavy cuts on my 109 over the weekend with the power feed and I didn't have any issue with the nut. I think something on your lathe just needs fixing. It is 50+ years old things wear out.

I was experimenting taking heavy cuts on my 109 over the weekend with the power feed and I didn't have any issue with the nut. I think something on your lathe just needs fixing. It is 50+ years old things wear out.

My halfnuts are very worn. I won't be using the stock carriage anymore as I have an aluminum adapter block that lets be use a Derbyshire cross slide on it for precise work. Once I finish the last part I will show it on the forum.

Do you plan to clean up your 109? Restore it?

Not anytime soon I just got it to have a lathe to use until I could move my Logan 200 into my garage. I cleaned it enough to check it out after I bought it, oiled it,made a tool post and rear gib if you can call it that and hooked up a motor and started using it.

Back