Can anyone give me a measurement on the PM 1236?

axa88

Registered
Registered
As i wait on my machine, i would like need to fabricate a mobile stand for this chinese PM 12 36 standard metal base.
It needs to be mounted and then slid under a low hanging storage unit where the hoist will not fit.
Only I cant find any details on this newest verion of the metal base.

If anyone wouldnt mind giving me the dimensions of this latest version of the base, i would very much appreciate the help.
The x-y of the each side's base as well as the x-y of the overall base would at least allow me to design and order material.

Edit: i did find this old thread:
It seems to be of the top bed side and not the bottom base side and doesnt give the distance each pedestal is apart.
Perhaps thats good enough to plan but also as i mentioned the base I believe has changed, so any confirmation would help.

thanks.

Last edited:
I would if I could but I have the cast base.
No doubt... So... what about your cast base, does it match the diagram, 14 deep, 13 left,10 right widths?
How many inches in between the 2 pedestals? Betcha the cast and metal ain't so different

Last edited:
Bet they are. :) There is 30 1/2" between the cast pedestals. But I think the sheet metal bases are 33 1/2" between them. Why do I think this? The sheet metal shield that goes between the bases that was shipped with my lathe was 33 1/2". So it did not fit between my cast bases, and it turns out it was for the sheet metal base. So I think we can deduce that the cast bases are 3" closer to each other. My bases (depth by width) are 14 1/4" x 16 1/2" for the left (headstock side) and 14 1/8" x 10 1/8" for the tailstock side. The overall outside width of the bases is 57 1/8". Hope that helped.

give or take an 1/8

headstock base:

16 5/8

tailstock base:

10 1/4

depth:

14 1/4

overall length:

57 3/8

Thanks everybody. I'm glad to have the info to move on

Back