[Lathe] Can anyone ID this lathe also maybe post your version of the same lathe

pdentrem

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Maybe a Jet or clone of the Jet BDB1340. The plaques are unmarked. Green paint is original. Closest machine has been a SSM out of Taiwan. It has the same electrical switch setup as the one I have but they are NOT the same machine as you can see.

It is really 1440. I have seen stuff that looks almost the same but never really the same. Has a 2 1/4" spindle, so likely a little older then yesterday!;)

saddle.jpg no-name-etc.jpg headstock.jpg SSM lathe.jpg

probably more like my jet 12x36. http://www.totallyscrewedmachineshop.com/machinery.html not many differences at all you have a knob for selecting feed/thread and I have a lever. I have a rotary switch and you have push buttons. Mine has a 60mmX8tpi but rumor has it later units were 2 1/4" x 8tpi. if you are interested I'll post the manual in .PDF I just haven't gotten around to it since I have only been working on the site since march.

Steve

Thanks
Yours is one of the close but not quite lathes. I had seen it posted somewhere else before as well.

I do have the Jet BDB-1340B manual that is very close. Thanks for the offer.
Pierre

All I can add is that here in Canada, Busy Bee Tools and Grizzly are related and either one could of imported it in. All the dimensions are the same as the Jet BDB-1340 which I have on the shop floor at work.

Back