Can I install a hour meter on my G0704 grizzle mill?

oops! Might help if I included the link for the meter.

http://www.galco.com/buy/Redington-Counters/722-0001

Dale

Looks perfect for the job. If you take a look inside the control box on the side of your G0704 you might find that there's enough room to make an opening somewhere to allow you to make a flush installation of the meter.

Let me know if you do as I'd be interested to do the same when I get mine.
I believe in regular maintenance too, and in addition it would be good to be able to accurately inform Grizzly how many hours are on the motor if it dies, which they apparently have a habit of doing; unless that problem has now been fixed.

M

I didn't know Grizzly had a warranty linked to hours of use. Isn't it just a time period,like 6 months or a year?

The one I posted is a little cheaper, but that one will run directly off the supply with no searching for a 12 VDC pick point. No wall wart required. But if you already had a 12 VDC wall wart, I'd use the cheaper one. Or for that matter, MPJ (surplus dealer) probably has a 120 VAC model too. I didn't look too hard. They seem to have a lot of that sort of thing.

I didn't know Grizzly had a warranty linked to hours of use. Isn't it just a time period,like 6 months or a year?

It probably is, but Grizzly have a good reputation for customer service and if your motor expired a day after the warranty ran out it would probably help them to do the right thing if you provide a pic of low hours on the meter.

The meter also provide you the means to service the machine on the basis of actual use, rather than just on a fixed period of time.

M

I think thats a good idea. When I re ringed my 1970 Wheel Horse I put one on its already got 5200 hrs
on it. Any Napa parts store has or will get. The hour meter will do 12 VDC-24VDC. Just get a 12vd110vac transformer or I do know Graingers have 110 vac meters just tie into the power switch good to go.

Back