Can someone help add dimensions to my freecad file?

Working on it, your actual radius is .350" you could that arc into a piece of .25" HSS then make several cuts starting at the top working down, just a thought.

What kind of lathe did you get?
Sheldon 11”. I’ll load up your drawing and check it out when i get to my computer. I appreciate your help! I’ll look into making a radius form tool and doing it in steps. Thank you!

Unfortunately FreeCad has a steep learning curve. To add dimensions you would usually use the TechDraw workbench. But I don't know of any way to pick off points on an arc and have it give dimensions without first drawing the steps.
I never messed with FreeCAD, I took his drawing and opened it in SolidWorks and dimensioned it then he explained he needed it divided up so I opened it in AutoCAD and cut it up a bit more.

Sheldon 11”. I’ll load up your drawing and check it out when i get to my computer. I appreciate your help! I’ll look into making a radius form tool and doing it in steps. Thank you!
No problem, if you need additional information just let me know. I am not trying to be overbearing, I really do not mind helping on something like this, I was just making suggestions. If you are actually making a YoYo I would like to see a picture of how it turns out.

Be safe and have a great Thanks Giving holiday.

Back