Can someone help identify these two sets of change gears?

LX Kid

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have two sets of change gers for several years and forgot what they fit! I don't have the lathes that they fit anymore. In the pic the ones on the left I "think" they fit a ShopTask 3-in-one lathe due to the square style hole. The center hole is 5/8". The ones on the right have a center hole of 1/2". Time to move them to someone who can use them. (Sell or Trade) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20240516_082848.jpg

Last edited:
Knowing the diametral pitch or module would be helpful.

Knowing the diametral pitch or module would be helpful.
I was hopeing by the shape of the bore's diameter and shape would be enough.
What other lathes have you owned?
I've owned eight lathes. Harbor Freight Mini lathe, two Craftsman 6" lathes, South Bend 9A and 9C models, ShopTask 3-in-1, Grizzly 3-in-1 and currently a Craftsman 12x42. In my opinion the South Bend 9A was the best.

Last edited:
Just found out that the gears on the right are for my old Grizzly 3-in-1 machine. I went back thru old pics from 2017 and found picture of the gears. I bought it new and it had casting flaws, leaked and general pain in the butt to use.

The outside diameter of the gear equals the module x (tooth count +2).
A Module 1.5, T50 gear has an outside diameter of 1.5 x (50+2) = 78 mm.

Besides the Module (Pitch) you also need the pressure angle of the teeth. 20° is common but other values are also possible. 3D print a thin test gear to compare. A print on paper will do also.

Back