Can You Identify This Acetylene Torch Type?

Looks like that's probably what I'm going to have to do if I want to weld with acetylene.

Are saying there is a difference between a cutting torch and a welding torch? I'm a noob with this stuff and it's my understanding that:
1. There is only really a "torch," which consists of tanks, hoses, regulators, a handle/body, and an attachment.
2. A "torch" can take a welding attachment, cutting attachment, rosebud attachment, and maybe some other special attachments.
3. Depending on what attachment is currently fitted, one might call it a "cutting torch" or a "welding torch" or etc.

Am I wrong about that? Is there really definite purpose "cutting torches" and "welding torches"? Am I looking for something that never existed (a welding attachment for a cutting torch)?

A cutting torch channels oxygen to a third orifice in the head. The oxygen is controlled by a third valve on the cutting head with the on/off flow controlled by the trigger handle (silver part in the above photo). When the steel is heated to a high enough temperature, the oxygen combines with it to burn the steel. This is different than a plasma torch where compressed air blows the molten metal from the kerf. A cutting torch can't cut aluminum, a plasma torch can. The cutting torch is most often an accessory to the welding torch although some larger ones are stand-alone torches. Cutting torches are not intended for welding or ,for that matter, heating

A cutting torch channels oxygen to a third orifice in the head. The oxygen is controlled by a third valve on the cutting head with the on/off flow controlled by the trigger handle (silver part in the above photo). When the steel is heated to a high enough temperature, the oxygen combines with it to burn the steel. This is different than a plasma torch where compressed air blows the molten metal from the kerf. A cutting torch can't cut aluminum, a plasma torch can. The cutting torch is most often an accessory to the welding torch although some larger ones are stand-alone torches. Cutting torches are not intended for welding or ,for that matter, heating
I got this Harris cutting torch from my father 10 yrs ago. He might have had it 10-30 years before that. I want to get a rosebud and a welding tip for it but I can't figure out what to order. It's a Harris Model 1000 body with a Model 1100 torch head on it. These model numbers apparently do not exist anymore. The interface between the body and the torch do not look like anything I can find online. The torch mating male parts extend a full 1.25" into the body: View attachment 118745...which is much further than appears from online pictures of modern "Harris style" torches: View attachment 118748 . But maybe the male parts are the same and it's just the nut on the modern Harris torches is longer and obscures the male parts in photos. I can't tell.

I compared it to the Victor torch at work, and they have the same thread pitch/size. I can screw the Victor rosebud onto my old Harris body, but the Victor rosebud male parts to not extend down to the female parts of my Harris body.

(harris torch left, victor right)
View attachment 118751

Inside the Harris torch

View attachment 118752

Hoping you can help...

Thank you

you don't need a rosebud that fits the torch handle, find one that will screw into one of your welding tip bodys

Back