Can you identify this mill?

Olddaddy

Registered
Registered
This mill popped up for sale locally and I wondered if anyone here might be able to identify it? I've been wanting to add a mill to my hobby shop, but know nothing about what to avoid or buy.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

there are few parts available for any of the lesser brands of old machine tools. If it works well and is cheap, you can learn how to make replacement parts. The spindle runout and bearings are the go/no go. On a mill, the table wears fastest in the middle. If you tighten the ways to compensate, then it will get stiff or stuck towards the ends. If it was in continuous production then it is likely worn out. If it sat in the corner and was used to make an occasional part then it might have very little wear.

I appreciate the reply and advice. I'm not likely to buy it, but I am looking for something. I have a full welding setup, mig and tig, good saw and a lathe, so I must need a mill!

That's a OLD ancient Tree mill, if it is indeed so. The mill head does have the shape. The rest of the mill may not be so. Tree like Bridgeport, sold mill heads by them selves to adapt to just about any mill out there. The bottom half at first though may be part of a old Becker mill. Just my opinion.

Back