Can you pass a 1950's school exam for 10 year olds?

@FOMOGO I had all the ads disabled, and I wrote down my answers and scored it afterwards

It would be more interesting to compare that test to a contemporary test for the same age. I suspect the expectations are a little lower now.

Slight tangent;

Whatever the publishing/copyright term for old books is,or does escape me. Public domain?

In any case,there's a treasure trove of these old "out if date" instructional books from the early 1900's. I snagged a few of them on sheet metal. Now to the point;

It's amazing how language and what's considered proper text in that time period differs from current "trade" manuals and such. I can see students,very well dressed and groomed sitting there, glued to the teacher.... listening and absorbing knowledge. Say what you want,my wife is a child development guru,joined at the hip with the hierarchy at the state level on public education. And here,100 years later... I double dare a HS age kid to even come close to the level of instruction,and inspiration available...... 100 years ago.

No,not ranting on public education. Just sayin,might want to give a look at some old,out of print books.

Another 15/15. For some reason it seemed a whole lot simpler today than it did in 1958. I probably cheated though. When the #2 lead on my pencil broke I replaced it with the trusty calculator on my phone.

Some of you folks are "smart as a hog" Congratulations!

Back