Candy store

I recognize the vise, but am not remembering the maker just now. Oh! Iam pretty sure it is a Palmgren vise. There was one on a machine that I ran back in the 1960s, they were OK, but nothing special.

I recognize the vise, but am not remembering the maker just now. Oh! Iam pretty sure it is a Palmgren vise. There was one on a machine that I ran back in the 1960s, they were OK, but nothing special.
I have one that is identical, Someone else that looked at it also said it could be a Palmgren, No markings on it whatsoever, But it's quite old.

Next time I'm at Home and Workshop Machinery (although, given my strained finances right now; that better not be soon!:oops::big grin:) I'll take some pictures.

I have no idea how the brothers that run the place know where anything is, it's so rammed, but ask them and they always seem to find what you're after.

God alone knows how they survive, given that these days, there are probably only about 400 people in the UK who even know how to spell lathe, but they're always buying more stuff to sell so they must be doing something right.

Back