Resolved Cannot log in

I can finally log in.. I found it frustrating that there was no way to contact you. You wanted screen shots, but there was no way to add them since I could not log in. Anytime I was able to log in, it still gave me an error, and when I would hit login, it would tell me I was already logged in, but then it acted like I wasn't logged in. I had to use http to view anything, but https was totally failing.

That was nasty. We need to be able to get you through help at the bottom. That didn't work either...

In the future, members may email support[@t]hobby[hyphen]machinist[dot]com. Please use this sparingly and ONLY for support issues if the site sub-forum is unavailable to you for some reason and not for general communication.

The good news is that we have been able to stop the posting of the server errors on the user side. They are still happening behind the scenes, but to a much lesser extent and they are no longer preventing users from accessing the site.

The issues and errors are due to some out of date add-ons and a recent overall software upgrade. While backups are present, this turned out to be a "rip the band-aid off" moment. We finally got access to the right configuration files and were able to prevent the errors from creating a poor user experience.

I will post announcements as I continue to fix some of the issues if the fixes may adversely affect the member user experience here.

Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:
Bryan, you may want to obfuscate that address so the search engine bots don't pick that up and we get spammed. Maybe spaces between or just the name support @ your favorite group

edit : btw how did you fare during the flooding up in VT? I see your possibly located near the lake... did that make it worse?

Bryan, you may want to obfuscate that address so the search engine bots don't pick that up and we get spammed. Maybe spaces between or just the name support @ your favorite group

edit : btw how did you fare during the flooding up in VT? I see your possibly located near the lake... did that make it worse?
Good idea on the email - done. Although we do get a fair amount of unwanted solicitations, the spam filters work pretty well.

Northern VT where I am was spared the worst of it. I got a little bit of water in the shop because my drainage couldn't handle the extra water coming down the hill section of the city where I live. No big deal though for us.

Southern VT in the Ludlow and Londonderry area - were pounded. It was very reminiscent of Irene from several years ago - cars and campers getting crushed under bridges and such. Ludlow received the most rainfall for the day - 6".

For those of you who think you are safe finding the high ground...check out this video of the train trestle washed out up the mountain road...

Where I grew up in Central VT, there were a few mudslides and several bridges damaged or gone. Barre and Montpelier were under 3-4 feet of water. Most roads have been cleared and are built back up to one lane travel or are close to it. A few towns were isolated for a full day - no way in or out - unless you knew the back roads (Class III& IV).

Good news is the waters receded pretty quickly in these floods and we get to work cleaning things up.

I'm sure it's related, no idea if it's still pertenant, but I've been getting an error since late Friday. Ish.

Fatal error: Declaration of GeoIp2\Model\City::__isset($attr) must be compatible with GeoIp2\Model\AbstractModel::__isset(string $attr): bool in /home/hobbymac/domains/hobby-machinist.com/public_html/src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Vendor/MaxMind/geoip2/geoip2/src/Model/City.php on line 0

I finally figured out, I could get to the site only on a browser where I had never logged in, but as soon as I tried to log in, I got that error. Multiple browsers. What I learned today (from a computer geek at work), if I open a browser in a private browser window, and logged in, it was quite successful. Same in another, the error persisted, but an incognito new login got me right in. After the private/incognito logins, the regular (not private) browser had zero issues logging in...?

I dunno, but it works again and I'm a happy camper. Much appreciation and respect, and thanks to those behind the scenes who are willing and able to wade through all of this stuff that I don't even begin to understand.

I'm sure it's related, no idea if it's still pertenant, but I've been getting an error since late Friday. Ish.

Fatal error: Declaration of GeoIp2\Model\City::__isset($attr) must be compatible with GeoIp2\Model\AbstractModel::__isset(string $attr): bool in /home/hobbymac/domains/hobby-machinist.com/public_html/src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Vendor/MaxMind/geoip2/geoip2/src/Model/City.php on line 0

I finally figured out, I could get to the site only on a browser where I had never logged in, but as soon as I tried to log in, I got that error. Multiple browsers. What I learned today (from a computer geek at work), if I open a browser in a private browser window, and logged in, it was quite successful. Same in another, the error persisted, but an incognito new login got me right in. After the private/incognito logins, the regular (not private) browser had zero issues logging in...?

I dunno, but it works again and I'm a happy camper. Much appreciation and respect, and thanks to those behind the scenes who are willing and able to wade through all of this stuff that I don't even begin to understand.
I have a ticket open with the developer on this very issue. Thanks for the detailed description of the problem. I'm going to share your text with the developer - I think that will help pinpoint the issue. It is sounding like a cookie problem, but I can't be sure.

Back