Resolved Can't edit first / starting post of a FS thread

keeena

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I could have sworn that we had ability to edit the first/starting post of a FS thread. In my case: I wanted to update the prefix of a sale thread to indicate sold. I can no longer do so. Was this an intended change or am I losing my mind (both may be true, of course!)

[Edit - more info]
This is the starting post I wanted to edit. There is no "Edit" option.

1672935609620.png

I do see the Edit option for some other posts I've made; appears there may be a duration limit after which you can no longer edit a post? (regardless of if its the starting post).

Last edited:
If you edit the title post , a prefix box should appear upper left corner .

Upvote 0
Yep, I know how I would go about doing it...the problem is that there's no Edit option (meaning: I can't edit anything about the post: title, title prefix, body). As I said - looks like there's a site-wide setting enabled which prevents editing a post after a certain duration. This may have been intended, but creates an issue particularly for Classified posts.

Upvote 0
Did try to edit the Title or the Post? Editing the Title is how you change the prefix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
The mods I believe can log in as user . I've never done that . But if one of the higher ups wants to check it out , I believe they can .

Upvote 0
Haha. There is no edit button (see the screenshot in the first post)!

I do understand that to edit the title, one must click on the "Edit" button in the lower left corner of the first post of the thread. However, the Edit option is removed after n-days (incidentally: it seems to do this regardless if its the first post of a thread or any other post you've made).

I don't know exactly how many days. Using my posting history: it looks like the edit button is removed after 2-3 weeks. I'd think any user could confirm by going to threads they started or posted which are older than this.

Upvote 0
So I know it works , my machines are marked as sold , although they aren't . :grin:

Upvote 0
Main result is you sold it . :grin: These darn puters drive me nuts , got locked out of 2 sites at work today . Gotta put in a ' work ticket " . :cussing:

Upvote 0
Looks as though there was a 21600 minute window to edit the prefix , which I've never seen . Mark it as SOLD and enjoy that $$$$$$ . :)

Upvote 0
Functions as designed, eh? Then this becomes a new feature request; ability to update classified posts' Prefix field for threads >15d old. :grin:

Upvote 0
Back