Carbide Inserts/ Enco

The angle I got up above is 70* that would be a c, SC ? Big difference 7*-70*
Tolerance? I guess G ,, SCG. .? At this point dose it matter
It needs to be 1/8" Thick 422. .? 1/8" only
So a SCG422 is what I need I think :headache:

No, get as I said SPG or SPU in a 422 or 423. You will find no one will stock a SCG, no such thing that I'm aware in a milling insert.

The SPG's and SPU's were a very popular milling insert back in it's day, and the head you have is a older one. Probably made by APT for ENCO 35-40 years ago.

Ken

Is the angle 7.7, 77, or 70?

When I read you original response, i read 7.7!

with the way you are measuring the angle, the clearance angle would be 90 - the angle you measured.

Thanks auto, if they work I'll get a bunch from somewhere to have backups for a long time.

Thanks wrek,so I should order spg422 1 is that for steel , aluminum ,Tired of buying the wrong ones , don't have time left to get a Ph.D. On insert identification,

No, you will have to do some measuring, it looks like a simple flat square turning insert in the picture however.
SPG was an example of one of the most common and least expensive turning inserts available and "may fit", the P makes it a positive insert either 11° or 15° which I don't recall offhand, the G is the edge preperation which is ground after molding, in the distant past not all inserts were.

That is an old tool that you have there, I work in a machine shop that has been in business for 50 years and we have milling and turning cutters that one simply can not buy inserts for today.

Back