Cast iron mini lathe metal handwheels

Ik4771

Registered
Registered
Been eyeing these on ebay for sometime but there kind of pricey, have looked for videos and other reviews but can't find any, so was wondering if any of yall had bought these and do you recommend them. https://www.ebay.com/itm/174209976139. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Do you want to replace your current hand wheels for some specific reason, or do you just like the looks of those more than what's on the lathe?

I've been watching these on ebay. I need one for my drill press elevating knob. They're 6" wheels, but are sure a lot cheaper than yours.

I'm just tired of the plastic ones and like the way these look.
Do you want to replace your current hand wheels for some specific reason, or do you just like the looks of those more than what's on the lathe?

I've been watching these on ebay. I need one for my drill press elevating knob. They're 6" wheels, but are sure a lot cheaper than yours.
Yeah I've seen alot of bigger ones for cheaper but these are the only ones I've seen that fit mini lathes

:grin big:
If the wheels help operating the lathe easier, it's not a bad idea .

I’ve purchased a couple of these a while ago. Not perfect,,,, but for the low cost I’m more than happy and would definitely buy again from same buyer. You will have to bore and broach keyways. But the chrome plate is pretty damned good and the castings are fine. And they are going to cost 50.00 each. In fact....I was so pleased...I bought a couple just for stock. Was afraid seller wouldn’t be around if I needed another.

I bought two of these for my mill from this seller; if you buy two there is a discount. They are excellent quality and arrived quickly. 001.JPG

I’ve purchased a couple of these a while ago. Not perfect,,,, but for the low cost I’m more than happy and would definitely buy again from same buyer. You will have to bore and broach keyways. But the chrome plate is pretty damned good and the castings are fine. And they are going to cost 50.00 each. In fact....I was so pleased...I bought a couple just for stock. Was afraid seller wouldn’t be around if I needed another.
This look pretty nice but there's not a built up spot on the 3 inch for the handle

I recently purchased a replacement cross-slide handle for my Craftsman 6" from Grizzly. Just found something that looked about right on a current machine and ordered the replacement part. Think it was about $15, I did have to cut a key slot but very happy with the result.

John

Back