Cast iron riser thing?

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
What the heck is it? Lol!

It was $8.50 so I can drill and tap holes in it without feeling bad. It's plenty accurate enough to be used as a riser on my mills. It was ground top and bottom.

20230223_165724.jpg

20230223_165827.jpg

20230223_174856.jpg

20230223_174903.jpg

what kind of mill? That doesn't look thick enough to push it hard. My mill is a lot thicker and it's a Clausing .. so while it might do well for a small mill, I would be careful about overloading it. As far as what it was.. no idea... I hope it works out for you.

what kind of mill? That doesn't look thick enough to push it hard. My mill is a lot thicker and it's a Clausing .. so while it might do well for a small mill, I would be careful about overloading it. As far as what it was.. no idea... I hope it works out for you.
When I say riser, I'm talking about clamping it to my mill table to hold odd shaped parts. It's cheap so I can drill holes in it without a thought.

I'm a bit confused about what you are imagining I'd use it for.

Yes, that would be perfect , on a mill to hold parts. Sometimes you need some clearance from the table.
Price was right, you did well!.
Cheers
Martin

Normal term for riser on a mill is something that fits in the colum system to increase working space height.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

When I say riser, I'm talking about clamping it to my mill table to hold odd shaped parts. It's cheap so I can drill holes in it without a thought.

I'm a bit confused about what you are imagining I'd use it for.
ok, I was referring to a riser to raise the head of the mill. There are risers for BPs that fit between the head dovetail casting and main mast.. so it raises the entire head up.
Some small mill guys use a riser at the base to give them extra head height.

I see what you are using it for now.

Back