Caution out there fly by night websites The price is too good

I'm not quite like @Jim F but I try to by USA most of the time. There are a few things that I buy that are Chinese but sometimes are not much of an alternative. On the rare occasion I will buy a Chinese product when there is a USA alterative, and then most of the time I am disappointed.

One thing for sure I don't buy from web site that are offering killer deals, unless it is someplace that I've delt with before and they are having a sale.

Most of the scam site are easily detectable due to their offering products at 5 -10% of current pricing. I am concerned that these scammers will start offering products at 75 -80% of current pricing so it will be difficult to determine a legitimate sale from a scam.

I see lots of scams on Facebook, ads for things like an entire Whia electricians tool set for $50 or a Miller welder for $100! The ads are well crafted and look real, claiming to be some sort of special promotion, lol. Don't think FB will have your back in a dispute, they won't.

If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't... was first found in writing in the year 1580.
P.T. Barnum died in 1891.

We're not still figuring this one out, are we?

Edit: Caveat emptor was first found in writing in 1523

Back