CBN wheel

It depends on what grinder you have. Craftsman made models with as little as 1/4 hp and as much as 3/4 hp. I doubt the smallest one could do anything more than sharpen or hone an existing tool. I have the 1/2 hp model and use an 80-grit wheel to create form tools from new HSS blanks. I use the 180-grit wheel to freshen up existing tools.

Those wheels are for a tool and cutter grinder.

Try SharpeningSupplies.com or call them for advice.
They have free shipping in the USA.
I buy my wheels for sharpening Carbide circular saw blades there.
Martin

Not enough info to really know. What are you trying to do? Sharpen, hone, HSS, carbide? Notice the pic showed doing wood gouges because you can do the extreme angles at the top of the wheel. For metal cutting we don’t do that. Personally I do roughing on a stone face but to do actual facets I like the side way better because it offers a flat surface and I can be more precise with the angles. This is why the classic Baldor tool grinder uses the sides. But you’d need to have the tool rest set up for that and the proper wheels of course. I also love roughing cutters on my stationary disk grinder as it offers a nice flat grinding surface. Guys also use belt sanders.

I have a 8” Ryobi bench grinder with 40 & 180 stones. Jet 6” with MultiTool belt sander/9” disk. HF Baldor style carbide grinder with green stone and 320grit CBN wheel which is wonderful for finish honing. And Chinese Deckel U2 clone for doing end mills. By far the most used is the carbide grinder because mostly it’s used to touch up my HSS cutters on my lathe, mill fly cutter and cutter on my shaper.

Back