CCGT with PCD coating (Poly – Crystalline – Diamond)

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I gave these inserts a try for my aluminum turning, and they are giving me very good service compared to other CCGT inserts I have tried. The heavy cuts (to me) this bit is lasting longer, and has less build up on the nose radius. It was cheap enough for me to try, so what the heck. Your results may vary:)

Last edited:
I ordered 1 box to try, I'm on my first bit, first edge still, so I ordered more. Can you give a review when you get them? It will take 2 weeks or so for them to arrive.

I ordered 1 box to try, I'm on my first bit, first edge still, so I ordered more. Can you give a review when you get them? It will take 2 weeks or so for them to arrive.
Took over a month to get some inserts via Ali Express. A couple weeks is speedy. lol

I have been using PCD for the soft stuff by recommendation here somewhere, when I needed to do copper. They are a dream to work with....but expensive.

I never saw that, I just stumbled on the ad on Ebay, and tried, seems to be working as you said.

@Aukai You made the James Cagney "copper" Joke! I wait until I can find someone from China to offer them as it's like $30 for 2 rather than $55+ for one. I somehow chipped one, they DO NOT like interrupted cuts FWIW. It's obvious now...hindsight and all that. On mine they only have one cutting edge (I think mine are DCMT), how about those CCGT's?

They are out lasting my other CCGT inserts, enough to make me go HUMMMM. :)

Ok, now that I look at yours...it is some sort of coating, mine is a piece of diamond inset (brazed?) into the insert. I wonder what the difference in life is and durability between the two? Probably a lot more options on insert size and style with the coating versus the actual brazed diamond.

I also ordered a set of .500 IC bits to try too for my bigger holder.

Back